Five Farms Clubhouse Renovation – Phase 1
The first phase of this project is part of an overall long-term plan to renovate the Five Farms clubhouse in Lutherville, MD and eventually move all events and services to this location.
The scope of the first phase was to renovate the existing clubhouse to include a combination of new construction, additions, extensive remodeling, and light renovation. Ariosa’s scope of work included the mechanical and plumbing division packages to include:
- Removal of all existing multi-zone units and replacement with 20 new water-source heat pumps
- Install a new closed circuit cooling tower, runs year-round, serves new WSHP’s
- Combination of new and existing to remain duct. ETR duct was cleaned for reuse
- Fully renovated kitchen with addition to include all new kitchen make-up air, hoods, exhaust fans and plumbing to all new kitchen equipment
- New heating water and chilled water pumps with redundancy
- New domestic hot water storage tanks (2x 700 gallons)
- Nine new HVAC fans
- Two chimney draft fans for wood burning fireplaces, two new gas fireplaces, and a natural gas fire pit on the 2nd floor bar/deck area
- All new controls to new front- end BAS controller
- 60”x124” fiberglass storm water/sump-pump system under the building addition
This project presented many challenges usually associated during a renovation project. We performed the work in a partially occupied building and our onsite team spent months alongside club staff and members. All while dealing with extended material lead times and procurement delays outside of our team’s ability to control. Our team incorporated additional work throughout the project duration and maintained the project completion date on schedule and within budget.
We are extremely proud of the boiler room and main mechanical room as the coordination required in these two locations was paramount. There was an extensive amount of equipment, ductwork, piping, electric, controls, sprinkler, fire-alarm, and insulation that was updated and still provides access for maintenance.
We are very proud of our team’s collaboration and craftsmanship – and most definitely the final product. This is a beautiful project and stunning addition to the Baltimore Country Club. We are thankful to have been a integral part of this historic and significant project.